SUMMARY OF COMMITTEE MEETING 25TH JANUARY 2019
- John Royale resigned from the committee
- The replacement kitchen donated by John Royale had now been fitted by members of the Club and the water heater repaired. It was done at a cost of £300 saving the Club at least £1200. Thanks to John Twigg, Ron Green, Mike Nencini, Brian Russell, Jim Benbow and Les Mason.
- The trophy pavilion was painted and trophy cabinet put back.
- The trophy boards will be updated and two more boards will be obtained for the Jack Nicholls and Community Shield Competitions.
- The Sisis aerator had been refurbished and was now being used with just a few minor adjustments needed.
- The Allett mower had been taken by R. Shepherd in part exchange for the purchase of a refurbished Dennis FT160, a high quality professional mower with additional cassettes.
- The constitution would be amended with changes to: Membership fees; Honorary Memberships; Junior Memberships and AGM’s
- All Clubs are required to hold a DBS certificate with regard to Safeguarding. This was in order to handle any inappropriate behaviour that may occur at the Club. Anita York already held a DBS certificate and would undergo further training in order to represent the Club
- A new website has now been built and the previous site closed. The address for the new site is penketh.bowls-club.co.uk/. The password for the Members only section is penkethpark. No member details will be stored on the site. Webmaster is Mike Nencini and he will manage the content of the new site.
- A proposal would be put to the AGM to approve competition fees being distributed 65% to prizes and 35% to club funds.
- The formation of a competition advisory panel to provide advice, guidance and ideas on the running of club competitions was approved. The panel would consist of 3 members with experience in the running of competitive bowling events.